Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Test Questions for Post of Assistant Director Works (Civil) by Muhammad Aboubakar
ppsc test questions (options in brackets are the correct ones)
1. Euler’s Crippling Load for Column with one end fixed and one end free will be _____”less” than Euler’s Crippling Load for Column with both ends Hinged.
2. After Tension test on two specimens, the specimen having %age reduction in area of 60% has ______”more” ductility than that of having 40%.
3. The Shear force diagram of a simply supported beam carrying Uniformly distributed load consists of _______ “two right angled triangles”.
4. If a member is subjected to stress (tensile) of 20KN/m2 along one axis and stress (Compressive) of 10 KN/m2 perpendicular to first axis, then the Shear stress will be __________. a-5KN/m2, b-10KN/m2, c-15KN/m2, d-20KN/m2
5. A cantilever beam is subjected to point load at free end, the maximum compressive stress will be developed at __________” extreme bottom fibres at free end)
6. A rectangular Beam of Cross sectional Area “A”, Length”L”, width “B” and depth “D” will have ________ “less, more, same” elastic strength than rectangular Beam of Cross sectional Area “A”, Length”L”, width “B” and depth “2D”.
7. The shear strength of a hollow shaft(Outer diameter=D, Inner Diameter= D/2) will be _____ “15/16” times shear strength of a solid shaft of diameter “D”.
8. When a closed helix spring is subjected to axial compressive load then the deformation in the spring will be _____ a-Crushing, (b-torsion), c- bending, d-shear
9. Ratio between change in volume to original volume is _______ (a-Vol. Strain), b- Poisson’s Ratio,
10. In Shear force Diagram, where Shear Force is zero, Bending Moment at that point will be ________ “Maximum”
11. Ductility of a material _______ with increase in %age reduction in Area of member during Tension Test. (a-decreases), b-increases, c-remains same
12. Rankine Theory Assumptions
13. Strain Energy Stored in a spring under Maximum Load without sufficient permanent deformation is called ________ a-Impact Energy, b-Proof Resilience, c-Proof Stress, (d-Modulus of Resilience)
14. Beam will have uniform strength throughout the length of the member if:
(a- Beam has same cross-sectional properties throughout the length)
b- if loading throughout the length is same
15. If ($) normal stress is acting along longitudinal axis of member, then Resultant of stresses along a plane at angle (@) w.r.t. applied normal stress will be:
a- $sin@, b- $cos@, c- $sin2@ , d- $cos2@
16.. Assumptions of Bending Theory
17. If a cylinder is subjected to internal hoop stresses (burst pressure) then the cylinder will ______
(a- increase in Vol. and decrease in Length)
b- decrease in Vol. and decrease in Length
c- decrease in Vol. and increase in Length
d- increase in Vol. and increase in Length
18. Point of Contra flexure occur in
a- Simply Supported Beams
(b- Fixed Ended Beams)
c- Cantilever Beams
d- Overhanging Beams
19- Buckling in Compression Members takes place along:
(a- Least Radius of Gyration)
b- Parallel to Load Axis
c- Perpendicular to Load Axis
d- minimum x-sectional Dimensions
20. Along Principal Plane, shear stresses are:
21. Cubic Parabola Shear Force diagram of Cantilever Beams occurs incase of:
a- Uniformly distributed Load
(b- Uniformly varying load)
c- in between points where no load acts
d- point loading
22. Slenderness is Ratio between:
a- Least Radius of Gyration to Length
(b- Length to Least Radius of Gyration)
23. For Two Shafts of equal Length including one hollow, have equal Torque and equal Maximum Shear Stress, they should have equal:
a- angle of twist
(b- Polar Moment of Inertia)
c- Polar Modulus
24. Type of Welds usually used in construction now a day:
(a- Fillet Weld)
b- Beam Weld
c- Rivet Weld
d- Structure Weld
25. In practical, drawing prepared by practicing drafters for 3-d views are:
26. Purpose of Curing of concrete is to stop:
a- increase in temperature of concrete
b- decrease in moisture of concrete
c- loss of moisture
d- dry shrinkage cracking
27. Shear stress in rectangular x-sec beam for torque will be Maximum at:
a- Center of Longer side of x-sec
b- Center of Shorter side of x-sec
(d- maximum distance away from Centroid).
28. Limiting Strain in Concrete is :
29. Split Cylinder test is performed to determine:
d- Compressive Strength
30. In I-section beam, subjected to transverse loading, Shear Stress will be maximum at:
a- bottom of flange in flange portion
b- bottom of flange in web portion
c- extreme fibers
(d- Neutral Axis)
31. Member subjected to bi-axial stresses, Radius of Mohr Circle will be:
(a- Half of difference of stresses)
b- half of summation of stresses
c- differences of stresses
32. A short column is subjected to Axial Compressive Load, the failure will be:
a- Concrete Crushes first
b- Steel Yields first
c- Concrete Crushing & Steel Yielding is expected to take place at same time with sufficient margin of safety
d- Strength depends upon presence of ties and spiral in member
33. During tension test on Mild Steel specimen, cause of Cup-Cone failure is
(a- Shear Stress)
b- Principal Stress
c- Principal Strain
d- Strain Energy
34. In fixed ended beam, Ratio between moment at center to moment at end support is:
35. Depth of footing is controlled by:
a- one-way shear
b- punching shear
c- both by one-way & punching shear
36. Critical Section in Isolated Footings for One way Shear occurs at ____ of depth from face of column?
37. Critical Section in Isolated Footings for Punching Shear occurs at ____ of depth from face of column?
38. Shrinkage of Concrete depends upon:
c- Ambient temperature
39. SPT is performed in borehole, where bottom discharge bit was used for drilling:
a- SPT strength/resistance will increase
b- SPT will decrease
c- SPT will remains same
d- Not able to say anything
40. End Platten Effect during compression test:
(a- increases the lateral confinement at ends of sample)
b-, c-, d- not correct
41. A rectangular beam has x-sectional dimensions (b= 100mm, d= 150mm) is subjected to a force _______, results in shear stress of 2N/mm2.
a- 20 N
(b- 30 N)
c- 40 N
d- 25 N
42. Which Steel is more brittle having:
(a- High Carbon)
b- Medium Carbon
c- Low Carbon
d- Twisted Steel
43. Method of Reducing Differential Settlement of building on sand:
a- increase dimensions of large footing
b- increase dimensions of smallest footing
c- bla bla ( c option was not satisfying)
44.Barrage is constructed for the purpose of:
a- (River diversion)
c- both a&b
45. Dry unit weight of a moist soil is _____ than bulk unit weight.
d- no specific relation
46. Short Duration Hydro graph can be converted to Long one by:
a- Rating Curve
b- S curve
d- Composite Hydrograph
47. Type of Hydraulic Jump for Froude No. 4.5 to 9 is:
48. First Method for management of different activities in Project management is ______:
a. Milestone Chart Method
b. Bar Chart Method
sir may nay CIVIL My D.A,E kiya h our mera works and comunication department may sub engineer kay liyh test h plz ap guide kar dh may kis books say tiyari karu
See your notes and Civil Engineering Conventional & Objective type by Khurmi and Gupta
I need a book of civil engineering objectives by khurmi and gupta anyone who can help?
Shoib if you have not found this book then mention
Sir I Need this book. can you help me?
book is available dear
in Soft ?
sir i need book of khurmi and gupta in soft can anyone send these book in my email email@example.com
i will thankful to you
Free plans are already uploaded here
For Custom Designing Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where are answers to these questions? Would we have to Google them?
Some of them have their answers and some require googling.
are these answer are provided by you???
by Muhammad Aboubakar
Can anyone share GAT Subject (Civil Engineering) sample paper ?
please public service commission k related jo b interviews questions hoty hain wo yahan post kr dia kren thanks
Aslam o alikum!
Dear sir !
I have applied for the post of ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (CIVIL ).
Please refer me some good books for Assistant Engineer Civil / SDO Civil.
Your Course Books are fine. After that you can check your preparation from the Khurmi and Gupta Book
pppsc me assistant engineer civil ke liye test ki tyari ke liye koi link ya book bta den .or topic which to be prepared??
Book which usually students follow
Civil Engineering Objectives By Khurmi and Gupta
Sir I have applied for AE through SPSC. I need past papers of descriptive subjects.
1) building construction techniques
2) roads and building engineering
Assalam o alaikum.
Can any one suggest me best books for fpsc civil engineering assisstant executive engineer and for wapda .highly recommend book .I will be thankful.
Course book. For objectives you may see the questions given here. Book may be civil engineering objectives by Khurmi and Gupta
Being a civil engineering student,which books i must read?
plz list the names of books which could easily be found in karachi
visit the following page
Assalam o Alaikam
Sir Khurmi and Gupta ki book download krne k liye link bta dain jahan sy asani sy download ho jae.
U can get it from urdu bazar 2nd hand
question # 18 ka answer correct kr lae overhanging beam is the correct ans
Sir I need Gupta mcqs type book and plz mention edition of this book and from where I can get this book
NOT AVAILABLE IN SOFT
Any recommended book for fpsc ,pts,nts
Sir can we preparation khurmi and Gupta books for a sub engineer in highway building and railway dept.
u can check your preparation
kindly send me related msqs of fpsc assistant exective engineer civil test
Kahan sy mily gi???
I want mcq for ppsc dae civil engineer job
Lets hope someone shares them here
sir kindly above given paper ki answer key send kr dain and than relevant about civil engineering PPSC and FPSC send kr dejeay ga
Some answers are given others u have to search
can anyone provide us the past paper of civil engineering in 2018,19,20… or any source who can provide?